Wholistic Livin Blog — nutrition
Health & Beauty Benefits of Elderberries
- Boosts the immune system!!!!
- Fights and protects against viral infections such as respiratory!!!!
- Fights and protects against bacterial infections
- Helps clear sinus infections
- Has a natural diuretic effect and promotes bowel movements
- Contains anti-inflammatory properties
- Contains anti-carcinogenic properties
- Can ease symptoms of allergies
- High in antioxidants
- High in vitamin A, which makes it great for healthy skin and also includes potassium, vitamin C, folate, calcium and iron.
- A good source of phenolic acids aka powerful antioxidants that can help reduce damage from oxidative stress in the body.
- A good source of flavonols aka antioxidant flavonols are quercetin, kaempferol and isorhamnetin.
Ingredients: 3-4 servings of cold rice (I use Jasmine or Basmati) 3 Tbsp. Avocado oil 1-1/2 cups sliced or diced cooked chicken (optional) 1 medium-large onion 3 cloves garlic 3-4 tbsp. low sodium Tamari 1/2 tsp. Mushroom bullion or to taste 1 tsp-tbsp. of samba olek chili-garlic paste 1 tsp. Oceans Halo Vegan fish sauce Fresh pepper to taste Fresh Toppings: Red pepper Cucumber Tomato Green onion Thai basil Lime wedge Directions: For the chicken, heat a skillet on medium-high heat with 1 tbsp. avocado oil. Cube or slice and add to skillet with 1 tsp-tbsp. of...
1 Avocado 1tsp. Cilantro 1 tsp. Garlic 1/2-1 Jalapeño 1tsp. Red onion 1tsp. Tomato 1/2 fresh Lime juice Pinch of Himalayan salt Pinch of Black pepper Scoop the avocado flesh into a medium-size bowl, mash the avocado with a fork until you’ve reached your desired texture. Add the remaining ingredients and fold in everything until well combined. Serve and enjoy!
Water, water, water! Plain ol' fashioned WATER! The body uses this liquid gold in the cells, organs, and tissues to regulate body temperature, the circulation of nutrients, and the removal of wastes. Aim for half your body weight in oz daily. The type of water or the quality of water you drink is of utmost importance. First off, do not buy bottled water. It can be exposed to the blazing sun during shipment and sit on shelves for over two years allowing chemicals from the plastic to leach into the water, and who wants two-year-old water anyway? Also don't buy...