- 3-4 servings of cold rice (I use Jasmine or Basmati)
- 3 Tbsp. Avocado oil
- 1-1/2 cups sliced or diced cooked chicken (optional)
- 1 medium-large onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3-4 tbsp. low sodium Tamari
- 1/2 tsp. Mushroom bullion or to taste
- 1 tsp-tbsp. of samba olek chili-garlic paste
- 1 tsp. Oceans Halo Vegan fish sauce
- Fresh pepper to taste
- Red pepper
- Green onion
- Thai basil
- Lime wedge
For the chicken, heat a skillet on medium-high heat with 1 tbsp. avocado oil. Cube or slice and add to skillet with 1 tsp-tbsp. of samba olek chili-garlic paste. Cook and set aside.
In a wok or large skillet heat 1-2 tbsp. avocado oil on med-high heat. Add the rice and all other ingredients. Fry the rice for about 10-15 minutes and taste.
Pack rice into small bowls. Cover the top with a plate, flip the bowl over and remove. Arrange toppings.
From my kitchen to yours,
Stefanie Juon, ND